DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Wednesday 7 September 2011

"The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket"

For my birthday (which is today btw!) I treated myself to my first bottle of Deborah Lippmann polish. £16 (hunnay if you're reading this please don't have a heart attack) for a bottle of polish is very hard to justify but I saw this stunner in a House of Fraser I don't usually frequent and thought sod it I need a high end polish in my life and on my nails hehe. I don't feel guilty for splurging on this because I freakin' LOVE it. I LOVE it way more than Facets of Fuchsia aka Bad Romance because blue is definitely more my colour. I love the dark blue jelly which suspends the glitters at different levels giving the polish so much depth and sparkle. Even the cashier in Sainsbury's liked them!

Deborah Lippmann - Across the Universe
It's applies quite sheer and also requires a little effort to 'place' the glitter but builds nicely. Here I applied three coats plus a coat of Seche Vite which I'm going to curse because it made ATU recede quite obviously :-( Any recommendations for another fast drying topcoat that doesn't recede?

You NEED this haha
Did you get the Incubus reference in the title? No? nevermind, here's the video


5 comments:

  1. Aw happy birthday to you! =] Hope you had a fab day?
    This polish is gorgeous! It looks so beautiful on your nails too =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did indeed have a fab day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very happy, belated birthday, hope you had a good day, and i agree i do need this nail polish, i keep telling my mum and her credit card loll, but she doesnt understand loll

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated B-day! I think it's stunning, but I love the purple version better. What can I say; purple is my first love.;) Which of course doesn't mean that I don't want this polish in my stash asap.:D It looks gorgeous on you!
    ps: Have you ever tried wrapping the SV around your tips? Since I do that, no more shrinkage! (on the tips anyway :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very happy birthday you had! Across The Universe is soo pretty, and one I've been lemming for awhile. This store called Icing supposedly has a pretty good dupe of it called Force of Love, but I'd like the real thing someday.

    Btw, I read the title of this post and kept thinking, "Ugh, I know this!" but couldn't remember what it was until the end of your post. Incubus was one of my favorite bands, and I still enjoy listening to their old stuff. Thanks for transporting me back to my high school days. :)

    I've commented quite a bit today... I hope you realize that you have gained a new fan! :)

    ReplyDelete