DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Friday 30 March 2012

Kaviar Nails Again

Despite being totally impractical (I'm dropping beads everywhere) I've decided I quite like the effect and even the texture of these 'Caviar nails' (originally created by Dashing Diva). I had another go creating them but this time with a dark base using the same mix of beads I have. The wheel that separated the colours broke which is why they're mixed.

Color Club - Rebel Spirit
This manicure reminds me of those chocolate buttons with the hundreds and thousands on top.
Picture source: http://www.abbeytuckshop.co.uk



You can recreate this look easily using polish you already own and some micro beads like this


which you can buy on eBay for about £1 (search for beads nail art) or you could check out your local craft shop. All you need to do is use a polish of your choice as a base. Make sure you apply a thick layer of polish and then sprinkle these on top and then once the polish has started to dry tap the beads gently for a more secure fit. Easy!!

13 comments:

  1. So adorable! ♥ I love everything about this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this today (just on one finger to test it), and think it looks soooo cool!! Did you push the beads into a clear coat or just the polish itself. I used a coat of Gelous to stick the beads on, then sealed just the free edge with SV and I haven't lost any beads at all!

    I love the multicolored look! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Love the colors on this ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Caviar Mani yesterday, in lovely cobalt blue, but your so full of colours is cooool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, chocolate buttons. Yes! Totally looks like those delightful chocolate buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. I think this is my fav way of doing the caviar look. It looks edible!

    @Goose I just sprinkled the bead directly into the polish. I don't have the gelous polish but I may try it with seche vite next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look great! I'm kind of on the fence about caviar nails, but I think yours is my favourite of the ones I've seen.

    Random fact: the proper name for those chocolate buttons is 'nonpareils'. (I learned this from a crossword puzzle last week!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's the name of these beads? I was hoping to buy some (maybe Amazon?) but I have NO idea what they're called. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sophie You learn something new everyday!

    @MothyrGrimm I bought my beads on eBay. Just search for micro beads/mini beads for nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!!! Amazing! We call non pareils 'jazzies' I love them. Def trying this look!!

    Dp
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look great! I'm going to buy some beads on eBay and give it go myself. Btw, I can't believe Ciate emailed you to threaten you about using the term "caviar nails"?! I'm just going to start calling this look "Kaviar nails" like you. That, and I won't be spending any of my money on Ciate products any more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is exactly what happened to my nail bead wheel so I gave this a go back in January but only on the one nail! should have done them all!

    cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete