DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Neon tribal - BM-315

At the risk of looking like a one trick pony I have yet another neon mani for you lovely readers. I've totally gone off my posting schedule so if you're waiting to see swatches of W7 Salt n Pepper or Lava Flow I apologise but I'm on a mini roll with the stamping!
Base: Barry M - Peach Melba. Stamping: White Konad Special polish as base then CC - Edie, Almost Famous and Wham! Pow! Pixi - Summer Pink

To get the neons to stamp I used the technique outlined in my previous post but instead of one colour I put blobs of the colours I wanted to use in a line and then scraped over the white. Does that make sense? I'm not particularly good at explaining things so if anyone wants a step-by-step tutorial give us a shout.

What do ya think?  I think it's up there in my top 3 stamped mani but I wish I had a proper neon yellow instead of yellow.

(And finally I just wanted to know from ladies in Italy what brands/polishes I should look out for and what shops I should check out when I visit?)

14 comments:

  1. if you're going to italy get as much kiko nail polish as you can! i went on holiday to portugal and picked up two nail polishes - wish i got more though. kiko is an italian brand so it'll definitely be stocked there
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peach Melba from Barry M - looks gorgeous as a base for this tribal neon stamped mani. Your stamping skills are perfect as always. I must try out the great tip of scraping white before the neon to get them to show up more on the nail. Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous. I don't know if you've noticed Kiko has a ridiculous sale at the moment, £1.50 a colour, it's really nice stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! You make me want to order more stamping plates!
    I have to try stamping neons with your technique.

    (italian lady? Present! I recommend to stop by Kiko: there are nice nail polishes with a ton of shades and as the_nail_file said, at the moment there's a special offer on nail polishes as well as on eyeshadows. Pupa nail polishes are nice too and you can find them at Douglas or at some Sephoras - nice shades and formula but the bottles are quite small though (about 3-4£ for 5ml). Which region/city are you going to visit?)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. would definitely love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! The colour combination looks amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great colors. It looks like it glows from within :)

    ReplyDelete